Thursday, January 8, 2009

Website update and 2009


I've updated my website with a few extra images and some info on upcoming first-half-of-2009 shows.

Wow - 2009 already. This will be one interesting year. For the past few years I've been studying art (painting, drawing, photography, art history) but now it's time to put it into practice and see if I've got what it takes to make it in the real world.

I've already started the first group of paintings for shows in May. I keep changing my mind about things, wanting everything to be perfect (obsessive perfectionism) but there are a few constants that are holding it all together - fields of flowers, fences, animals, insects and some unusual narratives. And the girls - some will be interacting with their environment where as others will be in an endearing state of confusion, annoyance or completely oblivious to anything out of the ordinary happening around them.

I'm also planning a trip to LA in the first half of the year - can't wait for that!
My Zimbio