Monday, December 1, 2008

Back to turnip greens

Two years ago I developed a taste for turnip greens and collard greens when I was looking for something interesting to eat while dieting that wouldn't get my taste buds excited. (That's half the battle, you know.) I hadn't had any for awhile, but bought some canned today. Seasoned with tasty stuff. Usually I buy fresh, but really, if they've been sitting awhile, they probably lost more vitamins than the cooked variety. The seasoned variety has about double the calories of the plain--but still only 40 calories for 1/2 cup--and I added an onion, a little rice, and sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top. Yummy.


A wonderful source of Vit. A, and a good source of Vit. C, calcium and fiber. Still, I don't think I'll get into my red jeans by Christmas. It sure goes on easier than it comes off.
My Zimbio